2/26/14

february | read, reading, to read


Each month I love to share some of my reads. What can I say, I'm a book nerd and I fully embrace it.

- Behaving Badly by Isabel Wolff // super fun, light-hearted read. If you're heading to a beach, bring this along. (Also check out A Vintage Affair by Wolff)

- Carry On Warrior by Glennon Doyle Melton // I've never read Momastery (not a Mom) but I love this book and her call for us to live authentically -- sharing the good and bad moments.

- Divergent by Veronica Roth // I just got this from the library. My friend told me that the first two books are incredible but that the last book in the trilogy is terrible. I'll start with this one ahead of the movie. :)

Check out my other book lists: January | OctoberAugust | May

Read any good books lately? I'm looking for some for my long, long, long plane ride to Africa!

xo, erika

p.s. do any of you use Goodreads.com to find books to read? I'm on there if you want to connect. :)


4 comments

  1. I agree with your friend that the first 2 in the Divergent series are good (the first being my favorite) and the last is not so good but once you begin its hard to stop. I'm reading Gulp right now by Mary Roach its super interesting. It might make a good plane ride read when you're not watching movies that is! I get totally obsessed with the movies then I fly overseas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't think the last book in the Divergent series was terrible. I think a lot of people hated then end, which makes them think it's terrible. But it was realistic to me!

    Either way, I hope you like Divergent!

    ReplyDelete
  3. AHHH!!! Divergent is AMAZING!!!! I can't wait to start on the 2nd book as soon as I start/finish Mockingjay!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've read the Divergent trilogy and I have to agree with your friend: the first two books are awesome whereas the last book is awful. It just ends bad. Go ahead and read it (you gotta find out the ending!) but just go in to it knowing that it's not the best ;)

    ReplyDelete

oh that's so nice of you to say hi :)
i read every comment and would love to respond to you as well! if you have a question for me-- make sure your email is linked to your blogger account so I can get back to you or leave your email so I can get in touch! (see how to do so here!)

Theme created by Andrea Mehner Designs