2/10/14

finding outfit inspiration


I have some really great coworkers at the day job and many of them have great style-- (which may be surprising for a Seattle tech company.)

One of my coworkers wore a silky-ish summer dress (or skirt, maybe?) topped with a printed sweatshirt and tights. It sounds odd but I realized that I could recreate the exact outfit with what I had in my closet.

I love that; I love being able to mix and match items that I already own-- creating something new to wear, something different.

Speaking of something new -- I also recently chopped my hair to my shoulders, which ended up to be quite a drastic haircut (almost 5 inches off). I told my hair stylist that I wanted shorter hair but it could, by no means, be "Mom" hair. (No offense Mom, but your bangs and shoulder-length bob of the early '90s is not one I want to emulate.)

I love what she ended up doing. I love that my hair cut is messy and different. And I love how much less time it takes to dry after washing it. I was starting to leave the house with wet hair, which in winter is really not the best idea.

xo, erika

wear:
sweatshirt: hello merchandise
dress: bridesmaid dress from h&m 
tights: target
booties: Toms (snagged them on major sale!)


4 comments

  1. I definitely keep an eye on other people's outfits when I'm out and about and take inspiration from them! It's fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the hair - but i want to see it close-up. it looks adorable! i have the same itch right now to get a similar haircut!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to work more on mixing up my wardrobe, I'm kind of bad at that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the hello sweatshirt! love the hair!

    ReplyDelete

oh that's so nice of you to say hi :)
i read every comment and would love to respond to you as well! if you have a question for me-- make sure your email is linked to your blogger account so I can get back to you or leave your email so I can get in touch! (see how to do so here!)

Theme created by Andrea Mehner Designs