4/14/14

fish tacos and lime slaw


It's not quite summer, but after a winter of stews and roasted veggies, I am ready for some summer food.

For two days, Seattle was fully on team spring with balmy temps and cloudless skies. Now we're back to typical, moody April weather but during those few perfect days, I decided to eat like it was summer.

One of my favorite summer meals? Fish tacos with a light, lime slaw. (And I know limes are really pricey right now, but I couldn't resist.)

Fish tacos:
1-2 lbs of white fish (serving size is about 6 oz per person)
1/2 head of cabbage shredded or 1/2 bag of pre-shredded coleslaw mix
1 lime
1/4 cup of plain yogurt
1 tsp cumin
salt and peper to taste
handful of cilantro leaves, chopped
corn tacos, heated
optional toppings: avocado, hot sauce

Rub white fish with cumin and barbecue or pan cook. (Nervous about cooking fish? This article is helpful.)
Meanwhile, whisk together juice of one lime, yogurt.
Toss with cabbage and cilantro.
Top each corn taco with fish, slaw, and avocado and hot sauce.


Easy, delicious, almost summer meal. June, you're coming soon, right?

xo, erika


2 comments

  1. Looks good and easy! I have to try it
    Happy spring! :)

    ReplyDelete

oh that's so nice of you to say hi :)
i read every comment and would love to respond to you as well! if you have a question for me-- make sure your email is linked to your blogger account so I can get back to you or leave your email so I can get in touch! (see how to do so here!)

Theme created by Andrea Mehner Designs