6/22/14

goat cheese phyllo tarts

I love goat cheese and I really love it sprinkled over the salads I bring to work. So I added it to the grocery list when the husband went to the store.

I didn't specify how much goat cheese to buy, so the husband came back with a 10 oz loaf. I don't want to look at the receipt to know how much 10 oz of goat cheese was, but I did know that it was more than enough that I could get through before it went bad.

Rather than make copious goat cheese salads, I went the opposite direction, and made goat cheese tarts.

First off, I'm someone who always makes their own crust, always. But time is precious, and even more so recently, so to save my sanity, I bought store-bought phyllo crust. Pretty good, and it makes this recipe really easy (yet they look super fancy).


goat cheese phyllo tarts

4 oz of goat cheese
1 egg
2 tbs of honey or maple syrup
1 package of phyllo tarts
toppings-- I used fresh raspberries.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

With a mixer, blend goat cheese until creamy, about 2 to 3 minutes. Add egg and honey and continue to beat for another minute or two until frothy.

Pour goat cheese mixture into each phyllo tart, filling each one to the brim.

Bake in oven for 10 minutes, or until filling has puffed and is golden in color.

Remove from heat and top with a raspberry, or other topping of your choice.

Feel really accomplished for making something that looks so fancy in about 20 minutes.


xo, erika

2 comments

  1. These look so delicious! I love the combination of something sweet with goats cheese. Next time I am entertaining, these will make a lovely canape!
    Lydia
    xx
    www.lovedbylydia.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, man. This looks so delicious. I too, am a huge goat cheese fan. I don't buy it often though, because I usually can't use it fast enough! I would consider it a blessing to have your husband bring home 10oz and NOT see the price. Haha. Finding ways to use it sounds delightful.

    ReplyDelete

oh that's so nice of you to say hi :)
i read every comment and would love to respond to you as well! if you have a question for me-- make sure your email is linked to your blogger account so I can get back to you or leave your email so I can get in touch! (see how to do so here!)

Theme created by Andrea Mehner Designs