12/5/13

the list: december

 

happy decemeber. delayed. happy december already a few days in. 

To be honest I'm not ready for December. When I was sitting down to write my goals-- my dreams -- for this month, all I could think was that I just want to survive. Already December has been tough, with a loss of a dear family member, some house issues and too much on a crowded plate. To be honest, I don't want it to be Christmas. I complained to the husband the other day "I don't have time."


I think we put so much pressure to have this very merry perfect December and Christmas, but life isn't like that is it? We get stressed, we take on too much and people get hurt or hurt others. I think, this year, that I'm okay with embracing the fact that this will not be a perfect season. I don't know that I will make perfect, homemade gifts or even have any laundry done, but that's not what's it about, is it?

So when I think about my goals for the month, I don't want to put high expectations on myself or others. I want to wrap up the shop orders (next Wednesday is the last day to order!) and simply enjoy what the season is supposed to be-- a time of reflecting on God's entrance into our messy (and very messy as these last few days have taught me) and broken world. 

what are your thoughts for this month? 

xo, erika

Every first Friday of the month Beth and I share our favorite things from the past month and what we're looking forward to in the new month. It doesn't have to be fancy, it doesn't have to be long, it can just be what the link-up is: a list.

When you link up, please link a relevant post and link back to Beth or I somewhere on your blog. And be sure to come see what others are sharing as well. :)


3 comments

  1. I can so relate! It's hard. Really hard. To try and balance it all. The "I don't have time!" Ironically was before our 2nd one was born. I had all these things that really did have to get done (like school) but God has a sense of humor and sometimes, I have found, it is good to readjust our expectations and goals and just take a step back. May Christmas be a blessing to you this year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is the perfect goal for this month. :) I, too, try to perfect this season. Trying to find the perfect gift, trying to be a better person, and definitely putting too much on my plate. One of the greatest things I've learned this year is that I can say no to opportunities, no matter how hard they may be. I've also learned the importance of putting less pressure on myself, too.

    And can I just say that this was the perfect post for me this morning? Just last night I was struggling with putting too much pressure on myself and to wake up and read this post this morning? Let's just say that it was perfect timing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad that Iz and I are having nice, quiet holidays this year. It's kind of a nice way to just enjoy each other in the midst of all the wedding planning.

    My goal for this month is to try to relax and just let things happen.

    ReplyDelete

oh that's so nice of you to say hi :)
i read every comment and would love to respond to you as well! if you have a question for me-- make sure your email is linked to your blogger account so I can get back to you or leave your email so I can get in touch! (see how to do so here!)

Theme created by Andrea Mehner Designs