12/3/13

fall layers

 
It's not winter yet, but it sure feels like it here. It's brilliantly clear, which means it's also pretty dang cold. However, I have nothing to complain about because it gives me an excuse to layer.

While I love, love, love summer, fall and winter allow for far more creative outfits and layering. I feel like I can stretch my wardrobe farther and get more mileage out of it when the temperatures drop.

Also, I've been wearing my glasses every day for three weeks now. You wouldn't know, dear Internet friends, because I haven't posted outfit photos with them, but they have not left my face for almost a month.

This is kind of a big deal for me; I've been a staunch believer in contacts since nearly day one of the eye wear prescription. But I got this little minor eye irritation/infection and so it's been glasses for this girl for awhile.

Another thing I feel like I have to mention: the dog. I have no idea why he insists on being in every photo, but no matter how many times the husband (aka token photographer) called him, he would run back as soon as the photo snapped to be sniffing nonchalantly in the background. What can I say. #bloggerdog

happy wednesday!

xo, erika

wear:
plaid shirt: banana republic- old (similar)
cardigan: target similar
skirt: anthropologie- old
tights: target
booties: DSW
glasses: Baxter style c/o Warby Parker




 


6 comments

  1. I really love that skirt Erika!

    It's pretty much winter here. We got our first snowfall (that stuck) yesterday and I've had the heat on for AGES. So not ready for this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. bahaha! I love your dog!! And I love this outfit!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute! I love that skirt... And your dog is super cute.

    Christen
    feathers and ash

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the glasses! & my dog is the same way, must be a corgi thing ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute! I live layering too :) it's feeling quite wintry but has yet to snow! Aw, Nesby needed some extra love ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great layers! Love the bloggerdog- he knows what's up.

    http://chelseypatti.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

oh that's so nice of you to say hi :)
i read every comment and would love to respond to you as well! if you have a question for me-- make sure your email is linked to your blogger account so I can get back to you or leave your email so I can get in touch! (see how to do so here!)

Theme created by Andrea Mehner Designs