I don't always talk deep stuff here. I like light-hearted stuff and fun stuff and inspiring stuff.
And sometimes deep stuff -- like thoughts on faith -- seem strange to pair with a post about a thrifted tee.
But what I'm learning lately is that my faith is not a faith that is easily compartmentalized. And my life, as hard as I try, is not always easily compartmentalized.
It turns out what I wear posts pairs perfectly with what I believe. And I believe that God is honored when I live my life fully -- when I pursue passions with my utmost, even somewhat silly passions like putting together an outfit with a thrifted top.
I am learning to own up to who I am -- in my faith, the outfit posts, my etsy shop, day job, corgi monster and all.
Do you (try to) compartmentalize your life?
xo, erika
p.s. linking up to pleated poppy


Love this post. Good for you!
ReplyDeleteMy life is soo not compartmentalized, and I don't think it ever will be. I'm kindof a mess, and that's okay.
For what it's worth, that thrifted top is fab.u.lous.
<3 Daryl
Roots, Wings & Other Things
Oh, girl I hear ya! I try so hard to compartmentalize things like my blog and twitter and even IG, but it is so hard. I agree with you, God wants all of us and will use all of us for His glory! <3
ReplyDeleteI know what you mean, I think everyone tries to a little to stop the messiness of everyday life.. I find that hard so my blog always borders on being very personal but light hearted! I think it's because I'm one of those people where what you see is what you get. I think people like that though, and on a recent post I wrote about trolls I got lots of comments about the way I write. A lot of them were saying that they liked that I didn't try to make things to polished and that I was honest. I think that if you want to compartmentalise your online persona then that's fine, but people will still like you if you want to be yourself!
ReplyDeleteraspberrykitsch.com
xx
As a planner (even a totally off the wall one) I definitely try to. But that obviously doesn't always work out!
ReplyDeleteI totally get this too. I'm definitely not a "deep thinker" on my blog. Or try not to be. But I TOTALLY get this post. And you look gosh dang adorable!! LOVE YOUR FACE (and your outfit)! ;)
ReplyDeleteLove the grey and yellow together!
ReplyDeleteHope to see you linked up at What I Wore Wednesday Just grab the badge or link and comment and you're good to go!
great post! I needed to read this, super cute look too :)
ReplyDeleteChioma
C’s Evolution of Style