


One thing I've been wanting to do for a long time is make a gallery wall around my TV. I never loved how our TV just sat, the focus point in our living room, so I thought that by surrounding it with art would help it blend in.
There isn't a right way or wrong way to make a gallery wall-- I've always been told to collect the things you love. If you love them all, there will likely be a connection with them-- whether it's color or style.
I like what I've so far-- but like the rest of my house -- I feel like it will never be done -- it will always need further tweaking.
Last note -- yes, the empty frame. My husband picked up on this right away and told me I was super hip for doing this. I didn't want to tell him that the "empty frame" isn't a new idea -- in fact, it might not even be "cool" anymore.

Art:
1) to do justly, love mercy & walk humbly print (one of my favorite verses) -- french press mornings
2) I painted this. (a cocktail + a little bit of inhibition = not bad abstract art!)
3) vintage find
4) isn't life lovely? print from cute new printable shop End Quote Studio -- check it out!
5) adorable little creature illustrations from IKEA. (They're $3 for a set of 5!)
also -- curtain panels are also IKEA, flowers are from The Felt Flower Shop and the blanket & the chair are thrift store finds.
I LOVE the one you painted, you've got some hidden talents girl!
ReplyDeleteI love the one that you painted - before I even knew it was yours my eyes zoomed right to it. So pretty!
ReplyDeleteI love gallery walls but my husband doesn't! ;( Maybe he'll change his mind for me eventually. :)
ReplyDeleteLove the gallery wall! and your empty frame (my husband would say the same thing). I need to print a few pictures and hang the frames I have for a gallery wall. But I've also been contemplating hanging everything before I get the photos printed, just so it's done!
ReplyDeleteCocktails and painting for the win! Turned out to be absolutely lovely! Who knew pallete knives were so essential?
ReplyDelete