




I have some really great coworkers at the day job and many of them have great style-- (which may be surprising for a Seattle tech company.)
One of my coworkers wore a silky-ish summer dress (or skirt, maybe?) topped with a printed sweatshirt and tights. It sounds odd but I realized that I could recreate the exact outfit with what I had in my closet.
I love that; I love being able to mix and match items that I already own-- creating something new to wear, something different.
Speaking of something new -- I also recently chopped my hair to my shoulders, which ended up to be quite a drastic haircut (almost 5 inches off). I told my hair stylist that I wanted shorter hair but it could, by no means, be "Mom" hair. (No offense Mom, but your bangs and shoulder-length bob of the early '90s is not one I want to emulate.)
I love what she ended up doing. I love that my hair cut is messy and different. And I love how much less time it takes to dry after washing it. I was starting to leave the house with wet hair, which in winter is really not the best idea.
xo, erika
wear:
sweatshirt: hello merchandise
dress: bridesmaid dress from h&m
tights: target
booties: Toms (snagged them on major sale!)
I definitely keep an eye on other people's outfits when I'm out and about and take inspiration from them! It's fun!
ReplyDeletelove the hair - but i want to see it close-up. it looks adorable! i have the same itch right now to get a similar haircut!
ReplyDeleteI have to work more on mixing up my wardrobe, I'm kind of bad at that.
ReplyDeletelove the hello sweatshirt! love the hair!
ReplyDelete