


When I first worked at a newspaper, right out of college, few people wore collared shirts. When I was working the night shift there, some people wore workout clothes, holey jeans and sweatshirts. Nothing fancy.
Even now, working a corporate setting, there's not a whole lot of collared shirts. And in Seattle in general, there's few collared shirts -- the birthplace of grunge is better known for flannel shirts and fleece than business suits.
So whenever I wear this white shirt I feel really formal -- paired with a skirt, I practically feel White House-worthy. With heels, shoot, I'm ready to meet the queen.
There's something about a put-together outfit that makes you feel like you can take on whatever. I understand that term "powersuit," because when you put something like that on, you do feel powerful. My outfit is nowhere near power-suit worthy, but it definitely makes me feel like I can take a lot on-- and with Renegade, I have been taking a lot on. Maybe I'll have to start wearing the white blouse while I stay up sewing these next few days.
xo, erika
wear:
blouse: JCPenney
necklace: H&M
skirt: Everly via StitchFix
skirt: Everly via StitchFix
heels: Urban Outfitters
linking up to fashion & faith!
I like your outfit.
ReplyDeleteYou look gorgeous, and I LOVE the colors together! :D
ReplyDeleteThis is such a fun take on a "power suit", because wearing all black is NO FUN! Great look on you and you look ready to take the world on.
ReplyDeleteI love your outfit! I also love dressing up and putting on a "power suit", so to speak. Wear I work, we just have a t-shirt with a logo on it that we wear. Most of my co-workers wear workout clothes and have their hair up. But I just love making my shirt not so boring! Some of my coworkers call me crazy, but I absolutely believe in dressing a bit more dressy than the office/work space norm.
ReplyDeleteLooking good lady, you make dressing formal look so fun. Love that skirt!
ReplyDeleteLove this 'power suit'! I know exactly what you mean. My office is business casual (which in California means business very casual). Sometimes I feel over the top in my bright colors and heels but ultimately it makes me happy and that's all that matters. :)
ReplyDeleteLauren
Style of One's Own
Obsessed with this entire outfit.
ReplyDeleteThanks for linking up with Style Sessions!
Lauren xx
www.stylelixir.com
Girl!! This outfit is ROCKIN! I totally know what you mean...having that specific outfit that makes you feel like you can take on anything.
ReplyDeleteI work at a university and people dress pretty casual too. If I wear heels I feel super-fancy! But there definitely is something about being nicely dressed that makes you feel so powerful!
ReplyDelete