
Do you remember fruit rollups?
Can we just talk about them for a bit in all of their amazing, processed, crazy dye magic?
Growing up my parents didn't usually buy fruit rollups-- it was a special camping or vacation treat-- or something I eagerly ate a friends' house. Maybe it was the fact that we didn't have them, that I loved them so much.
The husband on the other hand did not like fruit rollups. We honestly had a discussion because he never wanted gushers or fruit roll ups and so when I made these, he wasn't a fan.
But I ate them all. In about a day.
blackberry fruit rollups (altered from here)
ingredients:
3 cups fruit (in my case blackberries)
1/4 cup pure maple syrup (more or less depending on sweetness level of fruit)
pinch of mint leaves

preheat the oven to 150 degrees
blend all the ingredients until smooth
line a rimmed baking pan with parchment paper (not wax paper)
spread the blackberry thickly and evenly all over the pan-- about 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick.
Try to keep it as even as possible throughout, otherwise you'll get crispy edges.
bake for 4 to 6 hours, until it's no longer wet to the touch, but still slightly tacky. Once you remove it from the oven, it will harden more.

xo, erika
I've always wanted to try to make these! Yum!
ReplyDeleteUm--yum! I'm such a sucker for fruit roll ups :) Never realized they were that easy to make!
ReplyDeleteoh goodness, i want to make these! they look so good and so much better than the storebought stuff!
ReplyDeleteoh my gosh... i could do this! i'm pinning it!
ReplyDeleteYES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ReplyDelete