


top: thrifted // necklace: gift // shorts: Gap // shoes: Keds
If you follow me on instagram, you may have noticed that I did something slightly major this weekend.
I got a tattoo.
I didn't tell a lot of people it was happening-- besides a quick chat with one of my brothers and a text to a friend -- the husband was the only one who knew when I made the appointment and he was there when I turned my wrist over to Alexis, the tattoo artist and her buzzing needle.

I've wanted a tattoo for awhile because I wanted a declaration of my faith-- a bold mark on my wrist that reminded me and told others what is in my life.
"By grace" is from Ephesians 2:8, a Bible verse that says "For it is by grace you are saved, through faith, and this is not from yourselves, it is a gift of God."
Anything good in me, anything good in my life, I believe is from God -- an act of His grace, a pure gift without a hidden motivation. I believe I can't do anything to earn His love or lose His love. And in faith I trust that grace.
In turn, I want to live a life marked by grace, where I receive grace from God and can turn around and freely give grace to others.
Often, I know I'm too quick to judge others but this is my reminder that I have no right; I'm just as guilty of many things, perhaps worse things. And so I lean on grace-- grace for me, grace for others.
xo, erika
Where did you get your adorable shorts?
ReplyDeleteIt's beautiful, Erika! I think it's a great reminder of your faith and I love that it's on your own handwriting.
ReplyDeleteLOVE it!!!
ReplyDeletethis is lovely and it looks beautiful. congratulations!
ReplyDeletekw ladies in navy
I love your outfit + your tattoo!! The font + placement is perfect!! I can't wait to one day get a tattoo too!! :) xo
ReplyDeleteYAY! Loving your ink and what it means to you, it looks fabulous!
ReplyDeletelove those shorts!
ReplyDelete1) You look adorable
ReplyDelete2) Love those shorts
3) Your tat...so awesome. I love why you chose it too.
xx
I love that tattoo! I constantly go back and forth about getting something in the same place.
ReplyDeleteI just love your new tattoo and you are so brave! It's awesome that you have a special reminder of something so important that you will have always. :)
ReplyDeleteCute shorts!
I love the outfit. Your shorts are too cute :)
ReplyDeleteI'd love it if you can drop by mine and check out my latest post: www.fashchronicles.blogspot.com
beautiful. My husband has scriptures on his wrists too. Yey!
ReplyDelete+Victoria+
I love how you took photos during the process!! You look like it "ain't no thang" which makes me feel like I should be able to do it myself. I have for so long wanted a tattoo but never made the commitment to pick a place, pick an artist, and just DO IT. Song lyrics in my hand writing have always been one of the options I've considered. I have a few. Maybe that is also part of the problem....deciding!
ReplyDeleteOh my gosh how exciting! I love the words you chose! And the simplicity of it. This makes me braver to get my first tattoo this summer. I am planning on getting a small one of Michigan since I will be leaving her behind shortly. Was thinking of that same area or a little bit further up on my forearm.
ReplyDeleteI LOVE it! This has always been a somehwhat secret desire of mine. I told Ben that if I still want one by the time I'm 30 then I'm getting it. You are too cute girl! Your tattoo turned out so amazing! xoxo
ReplyDelete