I am not a mom but the thing is, I have a really great Mom. And I think if you met her, you would think she was pretty great, too.
She's also one of those moms that usually just asks for practical things for Mother's Day; I think a lot of moms do that but I think on Mother's Day, you shouldn't get her the new garden hose or the new pair of socks, get her something that spoils her, just a little bit.
A few of my picks for moms:
1. bottle vase by dahlhouse on Brika. Honestly if you're looking for a beautiful gift, go to Brika. It's a curated site of handmade goods and you cannot go wrong with anything. (full disclosure: you can find my bags here, too!)
2. limonata studs at Ann Taylor. These are so summery and sweet-- like lemonade for every day!
3. punjammies by The International Princess Project. Gorgeous lounge pants made by survivors of human trafficking in India. Also, right now, if you tweet #hopeformoms with an encouraging message, a dollar will be donated to the Princess Project and the encouraging tweet will be read to a survivor. (read more about that here!)
4. pressed flower phone case by With Lavender + Lace on Moorea Seal. This is actually a pre-order for this case, but I think even if the gift came a bit late, it would be appreciated.
5. frehiwot scarf by fashionABLE. Beautiful loomed scarves made by Ethiopian women, who receive fair wages and business coaching.
6. collar necklace by Akola Project. A fun statement necklace that comes in a variety of colors. Made in Uganda (which hits close to my heart) by women who receive sustainable, living wages.