3/5/14

20-minute meal: argula pesto pasta with peas and sausage



I love to cook, but to be honest, the husband cooks most weeknights. He gets home way before me (shorter commute -- jealoussss) and he also told me a while ago that he likes to bless me this way. I'm not arguing.

What I do for him, however, is find the recipe and ingredients for dinner. We meal plan Sundays and then I usually email him a recipe or instructions for dinner earlier in the afternoon. Our favorite recipes-- or at least my favorite recipes-- are chock full of veggies from our veggie box and have a little bit of meat. (I could go vegetarian but the runner husband loves a bit of meat or lean protein in our meals.)

This is a recent fave.

Argula Pesto Pasta with Peas and Spicy Sausage

Argula Pesto:
2 handfuls of washed, shredded argula leaves
2 tbs of olive oil (more if you need it-- my blender usually requires more)
1 tbs of grated parmesan cheese
2 cloves of garlic, minced
salt + pepper to taste

Put all the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.

Pasta:
whole-wheat rotini noodles
2 cups of frozen peas
2 organic chicken sausages (I love Adell's brand)

Cook rotini noodles according to package. Stir in frozen peas moments before noodles are done. Rinse & drain noodles.

Meanwhile, cook sausage according to directions in pan. Remove from heat and dice.

Mix noodles with sausage, peas and top with argula pesto.



Serve and enjoy!

xo, erika




1 comment

  1. This looks like a great quick fix dinner that actually TASTES good and isn't microwaved! Thanks for sharing the recipe.

    ReplyDelete

oh that's so nice of you to say hi :)
i read every comment and would love to respond to you as well! if you have a question for me-- make sure your email is linked to your blogger account so I can get back to you or leave your email so I can get in touch! (see how to do so here!)

Theme created by Andrea Mehner Designs