11/19/12

I'm thankful for


I've been reflecting on this past year and that word that keeps coming to mind is how much I have to be grateful for. Honestly, the list could go on and on, but I'm just focusing on a few.

 >> the husband
Honestly he puts up with so much-- especially lately. As I sew away in preparation for the Etsyrain Holiday Show, he has made dinner and cleaned up, walked the dog in the morning and at night, and basically picked up all the pieces I've dropped. He even brings me mid-sewing snacks. More than that, he is one of my biggest cheerleaders and consistently encourages me. I cannot say enough about him.

>> the family
My mom and dad built my display for the craft show and one of my brothers texts me advertising ideas for my etsy shop. I cannot say enough about my family.

>> my faith
I don't talk enough about it on here, but I am grateful for my belief in a God who loves me day in and day out. I build my life on who He is to me & who He wants me to be.

>> my house
Sometimes I get annoyed by our house. We own it and the weight of that monthly expense makes it so we can't say yes to a lot of things. Sometimes I'm bitter by the enormity of each mortgage payment, but at the same time I'm grateful that we were able to buy when we could. And despite the home's shortcomings (basement flooding last year?) I really do love our little house a lot.

>> this fur monster
When I convinced my husband that we needed to get a dog (I honestly made him steak and kept pouring him wine while we had the conversation), I had no idea what a big part of my life he would become. Nesby makes me laugh every day and without him life would be a lot more boring.

>> my blog/shop friends
I started this little thing almost two years ago without any idea where it would go but I am deeply grateful for the things I've learned and the relationships I've built. I am beyond thankful for a support system that emails me when I'm freaking out, texts me when I'm sick, or gets excited with me when I have a little shop success. I am also thankful for the community I've built here and the people who take time to say hi :)

I am also just thankful for so many little things-- food to eat, a beautiful place to live, dear friends and jobs for both the husband and I.

what are you grateful for?


xo, erika 



20 comments

  1. I feel like I am also thankful for all those things FOR you! :] Thanks for hosting with me friend. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks so much for this - awesome idea and thrilled to join!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very great list. Thank God for each of these things indeed!!!
    +Victoria+

    ReplyDelete
  4. great list. so much to be thankful for! it's such a blessing to have your hubby as your biggest supporter!

    ReplyDelete
  5. such a great list! and your little moster is so cute, I am thankful for him too :).

    ReplyDelete
  6. So much to be thankful for!! Beautiful list Erika!! Happy (early!) thanksgiving!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. awwww we pretty much wrote the same thing about our men!! I LOVE IT! <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute pooch! Glad I was able to join! Happy Thanksgiving :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am majorly needing to read thankful lists right now, so thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great list. Such important things to be thankful for. I am also thankful for my blog community. It is so amazing how community can be built over many many miles.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your dogs are absolutely adorable! I bet they're such a treat to be around :)

    MJ
    Papersidewalks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm thankful for your bangs! They are so cute!!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's a great list!!! What a blessing to have such a supportive husband!!!

    Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy Thanksgiving friend!!! I think our pups would be good friends, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. thanks for hosting!

    i hear ya on the house.. but wouldn't trade it!

    gobble gobble

    ReplyDelete
  17. oh p.s. -- I'm hosting a thankful link up today too -- you should come add yourself to the list. xo

    ReplyDelete

oh that's so nice of you to say hi :)
i read every comment and would love to respond to you as well! if you have a question for me-- make sure your email is linked to your blogger account so I can get back to you or leave your email so I can get in touch! (see how to do so here!)

Theme created by Andrea Mehner Designs