11/8/12

friday finds & favorites #12

Lately I have been feeling thankful. Just overly thankful, grateful for so many little things. But a few things-- er people-- I'm thankful for, in particular, is my mom and husband.

Black Friday is coming up, but even more than that, I have a huge craft show coming up-- my first big one. And of course I'm behind, and stressing out... and you know how it goes. The husband is being so gracious-- cleaning the house when I'm glued to the sewing machine and my mom is picking up fabric for me, cutting out patterns and chipping away at some sewing too. I can not be more grateful.

I'm also thankful for the opportunity-- but of course I'm nervous! Selling online is so different from selling in person... and I'm not always so good talking about what I make in person. 

But I am excited. I'll have some new things that will debut there (eee!), and I'll also be selling something brand new to the shop-- this beautiful polka dot and leather tote. 



Every time I make something new, I proclaim it as my favorite-- but I really do think that this may stay my favorite this time. 

You can check it out in the rouge and whimsy shop

A few other favorite things from this week:


--> my soup obsession continues-- this is the next recipe on my list to make (via delightfully tacky)

--> oh goodnessgraciousholycow Mandy's daughter KILLS me with adorableness. (is that a word?)

--> you can make SECRET pinterest boards now. I don't know what I'm going to do armed with this knowledge, but I'm stoked.

--> chelsea of the paper mama is doing 50 (amazing) christmas diys.

--> I saw a girl rock a hat like this and ever since, I've decided someday I will have confidence to rock a hat like that too. (maybe by Christmas?) ;)

So how was your guys' week? share some of your favorite things from the web and real life with the weekly friday finds & favorites link-up hosted by Beth and me. Please link up just your blog post with your faves (not your entire blog) and link back to Beth or me somewhere on the blog. Please, also, make sure that your post is relevant (i.e. no giveaways or that sort of thing.) And, of course, be sure to go visit everyone else who links up! :)

xo, erika


15 comments

  1. LOVE the polka dot tote...and LOVE your little button. Just darling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahhh good luck at the craft show, how exciting. i'm sure you'll do great! and that polka dot tote is the best...i think i know what i'm ordering with my giveaway code! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so crafty Erika!! Have a great weekend friend!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. good luck with your show! they are nerve wracking but the more you do the easier it gets :). I have a big one next week too and of course I have procrastinated until now....I guess I will never learn.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh so fun! :) That new bag is amazing! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. that is a really gorgeous bag! I love the lining you chose to use.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your new bag!! And the craft show sounds amazing! Hopefully I'll be able to check it out - gifts made locally are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Why must you tempt me with the polka dots! So unfair!

    I can be pretty awkward when interacting with the public sometimes. Just remember, you stuff is AWESOME and you are proud of your awesomeness. Be confident in who you are and what you do. You should be because you are so talented!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I totally dig the polka dot tote! Somehow I must convince my husband that I need another purse... somehow...

    ReplyDelete
  10. That tote is lovely, and your button is such a sweet touch!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Every single time you post a new bag, I can't help but feel jealous that you MAKE these and get to be around them every day. I love, love, love your bags, lady. :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aww love your new tote! I'm adding it to my wish list :)

    That corn chowder looks so tasty- i definitely want to try that asap!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love love love the new bag. The caramel leather was the perfect choice!

    Also, you will do fine at the show. You are crazy to think you will not do as well in person. When I met you I was blown away by your personality. You will be fine!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. giiiirl, I love the new tote! and I can only imagine what the new leather you're ordering will become ;) so excited for your first craft show!

    and I'm totally digging soups lately!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your tote and the button is just awesome! I'm obsessed with soup as well. Like, seriously it's my fav. I'm excited to join your linkup for thankfulness =)

    ReplyDelete

oh that's so nice of you to say hi :)
i read every comment and would love to respond to you as well! if you have a question for me-- make sure your email is linked to your blogger account so I can get back to you or leave your email so I can get in touch! (see how to do so here!)

Theme created by Andrea Mehner Designs