3/13/12

just call me polka-dot pants girl



necklace: Yellow Heart Art  // top: Banana Republic outlet // jeans: Anthropologie // flats: Nordstrom

 It started with colored jeans. A pair of kelly green jeans that have become one of the staples in my closet. (I wear them at least once a week.)

And then I saw some printed pants and floral jeans. 

And that's when I finally knew what to do with the two Anthropologie gift cards that had been burning a hole in my wallet for nearly a year. So with some discussion with the husband (me: I might buy some floral pants. him: floral pants? me: yes. him: um, ok. you know what looks good), I took a glorious lunch break and wandered over to Anthropologie.

But when I went to try on the floral pants, a pair of polka dotted ones caught my eye. And after talking it over the sales girl -- who actually convinced me to go thrifting for a pair of floral jeans instead (love that challenge) --- I bought the gray polka dotted pants.

And I couldn't be happier. The pants are cute, comfy and even earned me a nickname of polka-dot pants girl by Ashley this past weekend. 

Now I just need it to warm it up around here so I can wear 'em! (yeah-- it snowed a little bit today here. boo.)

What do you guys think about printed pants?

xo, erika

p.s. I'm linking up here. Nina said I could even though I'm only a momma to a furbaby. ;)

Momma Go Round

pleated poppy

28 comments

  1. I LOVE those pants!!! I love patterned pants for sure :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i dig those pants!! you rocked them, woman!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are sooo cute!! Umm how/why did you wait so long to use those gift cards!? I never could have waited that long lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so cute! And so are those pants!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow those are very beautiful .Your excitement is clearly justified! I want to tell youtrue religion shorts is my favorite and hope you can come in and see.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the printed pants trend! I especially love yours since they are so different!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute! I know which floral pants you're talking about (which have also been tempting me) but these look great on you! Nice choice!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your polka dot pants--they are so cute.

    I am not sure if my husband is convinced by patterned trousers, but then he is like that with a lot of things and then I put them on and he totally changes his mind--bless him.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those are super cute! Love them.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the sweet look of this outfit paired with the flats. New follower and glad to have found your creative space on the web:D Happy Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You rock the polka dots! Found you from The Letter 4 WIW. I'm your newest FGC follower.
    http://our-reflection.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cute cute cute! I just found Yellow Heart Art this morning! Mega jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOVE those pants!!! You looks so cute ((as always!!))! *fingers crossed* you find an amazing pair of floral pants while thrifting!! And when you do I hope you will share photos!! :) PS If you don't find them thrifting I think I saw a pair at forever 21 awhile back, if that helps ya!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. i have been searching for affordable printed pants! the polka dots are gorgeous! i just purchased green jeans because i was loving yours so much :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I LOVE polka dots so I am in LOVE with those! My jaw actually dropped!

    ReplyDelete
  16. i want to be a polka dotted pants girl, too! they're so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  17. so excited to see the pants :) and I love that the Anthro sales gal advised you to go thrifting...that's sure to bring more great blog material ;)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I've actually seen a fair share of floral pants in thrift stores before so I'm sure you'll be thrilled with that challenge once you start looking!
    I LOVE those pants, girly yet classy! Cute cute cute!

    ReplyDelete
  19. POLKA DOT PANTS?! I'm soooooooooo on board...need a pair for myself! Loving, loving, loving the way you styled them so light and airy, it gives them an even more romantic and delicate vibe.

    <3 cambria
    jupefashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Aww, who knew your Anthropologie adventure would end up with a pair of gorgeous polka-dot jeans? :) I'm glad you chose them in the end, they look so wonderful on you! =) It's definitely a great piece for spring! I've actually been fancying a pair of floral jeans as well, except I have yet to find a pair I actually like! Thrifting sounds like a really lovely idea though... I'll be giving that a try! (: Looking forward to reading your next post! =)

    xooox
    Kelsey
    http://runawayinla.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Cute!!!! I love how simple and yet how awesome this outfit is :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Those pants are adorable! I just found your blog and I love it, you have such a great voice and I love your style! Definitely becoming a daily reader:)

    xo, Megan
    gingerly

    ReplyDelete
  23. ADORE!!!!! you are so cute. saw a girl out at breakfast this morning that reminded me of you... xo

    ReplyDelete
  24. You are JUST THE CUTEST! Can I be you for a day? :)

    ReplyDelete

oh that's so nice of you to say hi :)
i read every comment and would love to respond to you as well! if you have a question for me-- make sure your email is linked to your blogger account so I can get back to you or leave your email so I can get in touch! (see how to do so here!)

Theme created by Andrea Mehner Designs