2/14/12

what i got for $2.99

 

cardigan: Ann Taylor Loft   shirt: thrifted  jeans: urban outfitters  oxfords: nordstrom

I mentioned last week that I had one of the best thrifting experiences of my life recently with Carina. This wasn't just because of the great company, but because I snagged a leopard shirt for $2.99.

Leopard is a little scary. I've had a pair of leopard flats for ever... and when I say forever, I mean I love the style so much, that I bought a new pair of the exact same style last year. But leopard as a shirt seems a little intense. But a cropped, under $3 version just seemed perfect.

And it turns out the shirt is even more perfect because it looks very similar very similar to a leopard shirt at anthropologie priced significantly higher. Even I can tell that it's at least 5 times more expensive... and I'm terrible at math. (Like count-on-my-fingers terrible.)


xo, erika


pleated poppy
Meet Virginia Design


Photobucket

11 comments

  1. So cute!! Congratulations! I think it's about time I break down and buy a pair of oxfords. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Score!! That top look fantastic on you!! And I reallly am LOVING those shoes!!!! They look adorable on you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a great deal! Looks a gorgeous top too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the find! LOOOOVVVVEEEEEE THRIFT SHOPPING!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gotta love a girl who can spend a little and get alot! New to your blog and am a fellow thrifter as well and would love for you to share your style with me and some new readers: http://astylishlittlelady.blogspot.com/2012/02/my-style-handmade-love.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. GIRL. you are working the leopard. <3

    ReplyDelete

oh that's so nice of you to say hi :)
i read every comment and would love to respond to you as well! if you have a question for me-- make sure your email is linked to your blogger account so I can get back to you or leave your email so I can get in touch! (see how to do so here!)

Theme created by Andrea Mehner Designs