2/28/12

make it work



lipstick:  loreal in volcanic    scarf: the soak tree    cardigan: gift    belt: old navy    skirt: thrifted    tights: ??  boots: Wanted

 I love Project Runway a lot. And I especially love Heidi Klum and Tim Gunn. 

(Right now, actually as I type this, I'm watching Project Runway Allstars and it's good but you know, just good like a really good sequel.)

The other day when I was staring at my closet, utterly sick of the options in front of me, I decided to channel Tim Gunn and his mantra.

Buttoning up a cardigan and tucking it into a skirt? I've never done it but I wanted a new outfit and rather than buy something I decided to pull a Tim Gunn and make it work

And what I ended up with I love. 

You know what else I would love? I would love to see when you make it work. Perhaps a link-up?


xo, erika

p.s. Happy Leap Day! Today we should do something we only do every four years... I'll get back to you on what that would be :)

pleated poppy

12 comments

  1. those sleeves on that cardigan make me swoon. LOVE.
    also, i just can't get into allstars. it isn't the same, and i even love some of the designers.
    i love your "make it work"! you look so cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like making things work too, and have surprised myself a few times. This outfit is great. Shows off that fantastic figure of yours. Seattle Beauty and Fashion - Girlie Blog Seattle

    ReplyDelete
  3. super cute! soo much green grass where you are!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhh, a make it work linkup would be fun! I don't tuck much in, but I do make lots of things work...love to create new outfits from what I already have!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE it!!! PS I kinda want to raid your skirt collection!! This is so cute and I love that color!!! Happy Leap day dear!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I seriously love that skirt A LOT. Love the way yu made such a cute outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love! The skirt is so pretty, and the cardigan totally works. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. i have been struggling with my closet recently... i think i tried on every pair of shoes i own this morning, and am still not satisfied with my decision. your outfit, however, is gorgeous! i love the sweater + maxi skirt combination!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. way to go for thinking outside the box!

    ReplyDelete
  10. love it!!! you nailed that outfit, girl. BUT you look better in a SMILE :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this outfit and colors look great on you...
    Love,
    3islove

    ReplyDelete

oh that's so nice of you to say hi :)
i read every comment and would love to respond to you as well! if you have a question for me-- make sure your email is linked to your blogger account so I can get back to you or leave your email so I can get in touch! (see how to do so here!)

Theme created by Andrea Mehner Designs