11/16/11

what i wore for recapturing my childhood






top//banana republic outlet  scarf//france   belt//old navy clearance  skirt//goodwill   tights//target  boots// nordstrom

I saw a little girl recently at the grocery store. While her mother checked out she sang softly to herself, twisting and spinning, watching in glee as her skirt billowed around her.

I used to do that, too.

And just because I'm "older" doesn't mean I still can't take pleasure in spinning and watching my skirt flutter around my legs.

It's the simple pleasures, right?

linking up!  pleated poppy

xo, erika

p.s. I might skip down the street to work tomorrow too.
p.p.s. like my thrifted skirt? I'm giving tips on thrifting over on Dot in City for Beth's saving money series!

8 comments

  1. Ohhhh, that outfit is divine. And while I never ever wore skirts as a little girl, I DID twirl... and "skate." If a store had really slick floors, I'd pretend I was ice skating on them, heh heh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty shade of plum! Great outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look beautiful!! I love the freedom that come with spinning and twirling. Bring on our childhoods!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that skirt and I twirl ALL the time!!! It is my favorite past-time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an awesome goodwill find!! I love that skirt!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I ADORE that skirt. SO very pretty on you!

    ReplyDelete

oh that's so nice of you to say hi :)
i read every comment and would love to respond to you as well! if you have a question for me-- make sure your email is linked to your blogger account so I can get back to you or leave your email so I can get in touch! (see how to do so here!)

Theme created by Andrea Mehner Designs