3/8/11

keeping my legs warm

I love tights, the pop of color, the chic and sophisticated look it gives nearly all dresses.

Wedding cake dress from the Velvet Shop
I didn't always used to be this way. In junior high (and probably most of high school) there was a point that no matter what the weather was, I refused to wear tights or nylons.

"They're for old people!" I cry to my mom when she'd thrust a pair of nude nylons at me. "And nylons always look fake!" She would just shake her head.

"You are going to be cold," she'd say.

And I usually was. (Why are Moms always right?)

As I entered college, and now several years out, I've embraced tights fully. (I'm wearing them right now.) I love the different patterns, colors, textures-- I could go on and on!

My only problem, and it's a big one, is how to keep from ripping them. From the moment I pull them on I'm at a risk for snagging and running each pair. In large part it has to do with the fact that I never sit still, but I also wonder if it has to do with the fact that most of my tights are cheap... really cheap.

[source]
Do you think if I sprung for a pair of $$$$ tights I would fare better? At this point it may be worth it-- I go through tights like a Starbucks addict goes through skinny mochas.


p.s. Apparently people like Miley Cyrus wear ripped tights on purpose. I don't think I'm that cool yet. (or that 80's)

6 comments

  1. Just saw you on indie, thought I would pop over and say hi. Cute stuff. I like the colorful tights.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also meant to mention I love your name, its adorable

    ReplyDelete
  3. my hue tights are superb quality and don't rip...and i'm pretty "rough" on them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i LOVE colored tights!! they are soo fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm definitely not that cool yet!! I'm barely brave enough to wear brightly colored tights! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have fallen in love with tights, and leggings to layer in just the last year and a half, and have found myself self-conscious in the same way. I'm always nervous to snag, run, etc. I have found that the ones worth the money (and I've tried several brands so far) are Assets by Sarah Blakely. Even my patterned leggings that got a little snag in them I have been able to wear a year beyond the snag and it's now blended back into the pattern. oh dear...crazy long comment but hopefully helpful!

    ReplyDelete

oh that's so nice of you to say hi :)
i read every comment and would love to respond to you as well! if you have a question for me-- make sure your email is linked to your blogger account so I can get back to you or leave your email so I can get in touch! (see how to do so here!)

Theme created by Andrea Mehner Designs