3/2/11

here's to you Dr. Seuss

Dr. Seuss gave us wockets in pockets, cats in hats, and whos. 
He sparked our imagination, and told us there's nothing to lose
If we reach for the stars and imagine the places we'll go
He reminded us that only we can limit the things we will know

So to here's to the lorax, thing 1 and the fox
Today's let's stretch our thinking outside of the box
Make up that heaping plate of green eggs and ham
Get moving, start thinking, and tell yourself you can!

[source]
Sometimes I feel like being creative isn't valued. The world wants me to be stable, to have a steady job that pays well, that actually relates to my college major. And a little part of me has always rebelled. I want to be creative, I want to think out of the box and have green eggs if I feel like it. I love that now I'm finally realizing, years after reading Dr. Seuss, the joy and importance of being creative, of being silly, of making up words and things. 

"You're off to Great Places! 
Today is your day! 
Your mountain is waiting, 
So... get on your way!" 
-The Places You'll Go 

Happy Dr. Seuss day!

1 comment

  1. hehehe what a super cute post!! i love dr. suess!! :)

    ReplyDelete

oh that's so nice of you to say hi :)
i read every comment and would love to respond to you as well! if you have a question for me-- make sure your email is linked to your blogger account so I can get back to you or leave your email so I can get in touch! (see how to do so here!)

Theme created by Andrea Mehner Designs